Monday, May 01, 2006

Ray's season is here

Well, I am talking about Ray's Boathouse.

When I start driving over to Ray's Boathouse cafe, that's a sign of the beginning of summer in Seattle to me. I love the view of the Olympics over the Puget Sound from the deck off the Ray's cafe, which is definitely the picture of the Summer Seattle.

I have heard that "Black Cod Sake Kasu" was first introduced by Ray's to Seattlites, but to me its signature dish is the Fish'n Chips. There are not many places that serve "breaded" fish(using "panko"), instead of battered fish, which is more popular in the U.S. I believe.

Panko is a Japanese name for bread crumbs. Yes, Amerians now say "Panko" in Enlish :-)


On another note, the french fries served with the fish and chips were super crispy. Definitely "Passed the test".

No comments: