Sunday, April 30, 2006

Brunch at Cafe Campagne

It's still a breakfast with eggs and meat but a la francaise. You won't find greasy bacon and trans-fat-coated hash browns on your plate. Bread? Demi-baguette or brioche, of course.

I ordered the "Eggs scrambled with herbs and served with pork and herb sausage".

The potatoes were nice and crispy, and the pork sausage was very flavorful even with little fat content. My only complaint was the eggs. They seemed slightly overcooked (or maybe not enough heavy cream), though they tasted nice with the right amount of salt.

My friend's choice was the "French French Toast" (Brioche fried in bourbon egg batter, served with maple syrup). I didn't taste it because I am not a big fan of french toast (or any kind of sweet meal) but smelled wonderful. The dish was approved of by my two friends at the table.




In Seattle, it's not easy to get cafe au lait,because many coffee shops serve only cafe latte (well, I don't drink coffee regularly so probably I just don't know where to go to get cafe au lait). Cafe Campagne does serve one (you might want to make sure that you get it in a large cafe au lait cup though).

The cafe is on the Post Alley. If you want to take a break from sleeping in on weekends, meeting with your good friends for a french breakfast after buying fresh flowers at the Pike Place market could be a good way to start your weekend for a change once in a while :-)

No comments: